YPEF 2023 United Kingdom Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be submitted using the YPEF Entry Form on the RFS website between the dates specified. No entries outside of this date can be accepted.
- Teams must be comprised of three young people aged 15 – 18 who are registered at the same educational institution at the time their entry is submitted.
- Each team must have a supervisor who is over 18 and a staff member of the educational institution that they attend.
- All entries must be submitted in English. This is a rule for all entrants from across Europe and is not open to the discretion of the UK organising committee.
- Entries must be submitted in digital format. No hard copies can be accepted.
- Entries can be a written essay, factfile, powerpoint presentation or video. Written content should be under 5,000 words, videos should be no more than 10 minutes. They can be considerably shorter.
- All entries must be an original piece of work, created by the team. We encourage the use of data or information from wider sources but these must be referenced. Written submissions should include a resource list, videos should be submitted along with a separate word document listing the sources of the information included.
- Photos, music and other images can only be included within the work if you have permission from the copyright holder.
- Each of the four winning entries will be shared on the RFS website and may be shared on our partner organisation websites. By submitting photos or videos you are giving consent for the individuals shown in them to have their image can be shared in this way.
Judging and Prizes
- Judging will be undertaken during June 2023 by a panel of forestry professionals from across the UK. The judges decision is final.
- There will be one winner from each of the nations of the UK; England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- The winner from each of the UK nations will be invited to a prize giving ceremony and guided tour of a forest in their nation. The education institution and winning participants will all be given a certificate to recognise their achievement.
- There will also be an overall UK Winner.
If you have any further questions about YPEF, please email email@example.com