The Spencer Bursary
The Spencer Bursary provides current students or recent graduates of forestry (and related courses) with the opportunity to attend RFS events.
In most years we offer up to 5 Spencer Bursaries to the value of £150 each. The bursary must be used to pay for entry into an approved RFS event, with the rest of the money used for travel and subsistence costs on the day of the event.
Spencer Bursary 2021
RFS student members can apply for a £150 bursary towards the cost of attending any RFS in-person training event in 2021 as advertised on the RFS web site.
- You must be an undergraduate or postgraduate student undertaking a forestry or forestry-related degree at a British university. You need to be a RFS student member at the time of your application.
How to apply
- Fill in and return the application form and supporting documents to email@example.com
- All documents emailed to RFS should be saved/submitted in PDF format.
- In your application email, please explain why you are applying and what you hope to learn from the conference. (2-3 sentences maximum.)
- We will let everyone know if they have been awarded a bursary within a week of the deadline.
- Each bursary is worth £150.00, to be collected as a cheque or BACS transfer on the day of the event.
- Successful applicants should register for a place at the conference after you have heard whether you have been successful (places will be reserved for bursary recipients).
Emily Warner- Oxford University, Alan Varker- Harper Adams, Liam O’Keefe- Harper Adams