RFS – Randle Travel Bursary: How to Apply
Randle Travel Bursary 2021
There are four £300 bursaries available for RFS members who plan independent overseas travel to study any aspect of forestry. Due to current travel restrictions applicants have until May 2022 to complete their trip. Applications close 30 April.
- Applicants must either be a individual or student member of the RFS or work full-time for a RFS corporate member.
- The Randle Travel Fund bursary will provide £300 to cover part or all of the subsistence and travel costs when taking part in either of the following:
RFS Overseas Study Tours, either organised by the RFS Head Office or local RFS Division.
Individual trips abroad organised specifically to enhance your forestry knowledge.
- Randle Travel Fund bursaries exclude group expeditions or participation in tours or courses organised by other bodies, education establishments and commercial enterprises.
- Payments will total £300. This will be awarded as follows, £250 upon successful application and then £50 upon receipt of project report for publication.
- It is a condition of the Randle Travel Bursary Fund that each recipient must submit a written report (1500-2000 words) to RFS within three months of completion of the project. The report will be considered for publication in the Quarterly Journal of Forestry.
- Projects should be completed within 12 months of a bursary being awarded.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the Randle Travel Fund application form. In addition, please include your budget and clarify how the project will be funded if the total costs exceed £300.
- Please save and submit an application in PDF format
- Applications will only be received by email at email@example.com Include “Randle Travel Fund Application” in your subject header.
- All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. A committee will be appointed by RFS to review all applications. No other information will be used to assess each application. Successful bursary recipients will be notified by the end of May.