About the Job
Woodland Operations Trainee (12 month contact)
Based at the North York Moors National Park Authority, Helmsley (with substantial travel across the National Park)
Are you passionate about working to create and manage new woodlands? Looking to gain valuable training, skills and experience in practical woodland work tasks and contribute to the establishment of more woodlands within the National Park?
If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop a career in practical conservation with the North York Moors National Park Authority.
– Salary of £20,258+ per annum
– Work within one of the UK’s most stunning landscapes
– Complete an extensive training programme resulting in accreditation for various skills
– Learn valuable skills in-house from a small team of experienced woodland professionals
– 25 days annual leave per annum (rising annually by one day) plus eight public holidays
This is an amazing chance to gain in-depth training and hands-on experience in a range of woodland tasks, including tree planting, controlling invasive plants and establishment of new woodland.
As a Woodland Operations Trainee, you will help deliver practical woodland management tasks across North York Moors National Park to ensure it’s woodlands can be enjoyed for generations to come. Reporting to the Woodland Operations Supervisor, you will carry out a range of outdoor tasks as part of a small team.
You will develop your expertise in practical techniques used to increase the conservation value of woodlands as well as gaining experience in the organisation of work tasks. You will also have the chance to work with teams of volunteers in delivering practical projects across the National Park.
To join us as a Woodland Operations Trainee, you’ll need:
– A desire to learn how to complete practical woodland tasks to a high standard, such as tree planting and weed control
– A love of working outdoors throughout the year and in all weathers
– To be a great team player
– A positive approach to health and safety
So, if you think you could succeed as a Woodland Operations Trainee, please apply online using the link in the advert.
Working hours: Full time, 37 hours per week