About the Job
Helping to shape the future of your arboricultural journey
What better place to learn than in an young , but established arboretum. We are looking to recruit a trainee arborist to start with us this autumn.
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens (SHHG) in Hampshire is open all year and offers 180 acres of beauty, inspiration and discovery. Over 42,000 plants from the temperate regions around the world grow in a variety of themed landscapes. This exciting role will see you assist in the arborist team. 250,000 visitors will appreciate the work you are doing on our trees.
You’ll contribute to the first-class maintenance of the plant collection and associated landscape ensuring that SHHG achieves the highest standards of arboricultural and horticultural maintenance and presentation. Within our small arboricultural team, you will have the opportunity to experience a wide variety of tasks and challenges.
When required , you’ll also have the chance to participate in other horticultural operations to maintain and develop the gardens.
The Gardens & Arboretum has a keen interest in training and developing new people in the industry and see them grow and develop their potential. This learning environment will help you to fulfill your dream in being more aware of your environment, specialize your skills set and enhance your passion for the trees and all that goes with it.
Terms & Conditions
- Holidays: 20 days per annum + bank holidays.
- Term: 1 year fixed term contract with a one month probationary period.
- Up to 20 days paid release to attend fully funded CPD training.
- The position is subject to satisfactory references, evidence of the right to work and live in the UK, other pre-employment checks as required and a contract of employment.
- There is access to a £300 relocation grant available upon request from RFS.