Freelance Education Officer (South London)
Join our team of Education Officers in bringing Forest Education alive for children in South London.
£125 per half day / £190 per full day plus expenses, travel and training
Hours of work
Up to 18 half days initially available between September 2022 and March 2023
RFS Teaching Trees is seeking a well-motivated individual to work on a part time, freelance basis to deliver high quality outdoor learning activities. You will be joining a team of 10 Education Officers across England and Wales who deliver over 300 sessions to nearly 10,000 children in an average year.
The successful candidate will be going into schools in Blackheath, Chislehurst, Greenwich, Crystal Palace and the surrounding communities to lead tree planting days and deliver our Junior Forester Award programme.
- Experience of leading Outdoor Learning or Forest School programmes for children aged 3+
- Higher Education degree in teaching or ecology / geography / forestry or related disciplines
- Ability to plan and deliver sessions independently
- A love of working outdoors in all seasons
- Understanding of risk assessment procedures and safeguarding
- Full driving licence and own transport
- Outdoor Learning or Forest School qualifications
- Someone who lives in the communities they will be working with
- Current Outdoor First Aid certificate
- Experience of marketing Outdoor Learning programmes to schools
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Proficient at using Excel for recording data
For more information please contact email@example.com
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV by Monday 23rd May at 12pm.