Level 2 Outdoor Learning Practitioner
Thanks to a generous grant from the Forestry Commission, FENE are able to offer this heavily subsidised course to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Working in an English School, College or Woodland Organisation
- Do not currently have a Level 2 or above Outdoor Learning or Forest School qualification
- Work with at least one group aged 11 – 16 who you plan to implement the training with
- Your organisation has a woodland space available for Outdoor Learning OR there is public woodland within walking distance that you plan to visit with your group after the training.
What does the course cover?
By taking part in this course you will develop an understanding of the benefits and risks of using the outdoors as a learning environment, looking at the background and context of modern outdoor learning.
You’ll learn how to take an holistic approach to implementing Outdoor Learning at your setting, and how to get everyone ‘on board’ with your plans.
You will plan and deliver seasonal Curriculum Based Outdoor Learning sessions by:
- Building specific skills and confidence in a range of curriculum areas
- Learning how to develop and enhance skills and confidence within your school grounds or local environment
- Knowing how to sustainably manage and improve your outdoor learning environment
- Looking at ecological structures in the natural environment and identifying species in your own local natural environment
- Looking at the wider context and history of learning outside the classroom
- Making plans to use your local natural and built environment in curriculum delivery
Please note that bursaries are restricted to two per organisation. If you do not meet the bursary criteria, you can still book the course directly with Cambium, you will just need to pay the full price.