Education and Learning Award 2023
This Award is to encourage and reward schools, colleges, universities and other recognised education and training providers who increase awareness, understanding and skills related to the environmental, social and economic potential of trees, woodlands and forests, and who may also demonstrate the link between trees and wood products.
Entries are invited from educational providers including schools, colleges, universities and other educational organisations, training providers and charities engaged in forestry learning and skills development.
Eligible projects might include:
- practical improvements to trees and woodlands on school grounds or in the local community
- a programme of learning in a woodland or forest environment or similar programme that links to the curriculum and extends learning beyond the classroom.
- a classroom-based study of trees, woods, forests or the forest industry that links to the curriculum and contributes towards outcomes in core areas of numeracy, literacy and science education.
- an educational project or programme that enhances skills and competencies e.g. an excellent apprentice programme, work-based learning, or a programme dedicated to enhancing access, skills, employability and safety for the forestry sector.
- a college, university or training provider with areas of innovation and/or curriculum development that enrich and enhance the learning experience
First Prize: A trophy and £500 cash prize
Second Prize: A certificate and £250 cash prize.
Winners will be announced at the EIF Awards in October 2023. Watch this space!