The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy
The Royal Forestry Society supports The Queen's Commonwealth Canopy
There are five key objectives:
- raise awareness within the Commonwealth of the value of indigenous forests and to save them for future generations
- create a unique network of forest conservation projects that brings collective credibility and integrity to individual Commonwealth initiatives
- raise the profile of the Commonwealth, demonstrating the capacity of its member countries to act together as one to ensure forest conservation
- use the Commonwealth network to facilitate knowledge exchange, share best practice and create new, collaborative initiatives for forest conservation
- create a physical and lasting legacy of The Queen’s leadership of the Commonwealth
HM The Queen is our Patron and the RFS was delighted to be among guests at a reception at Buckingham Palace where high commissioners and other representatives received awards recognising their country's role in the QCC.
Full details of the QCC Project can be found here.