The Quarterly Journal of Forestry (QJF) enjoys a world-wide circulation with subscribers from many different countries; all RFS members receive it too (details below).
As a regular reader said recently:
“What I really like about the wide range of articles in the QJF is they are at a level which offers something for everyone and which does not lose the amateur reader nor insult the professional one”.
Each year the RFS awards the James Cup for the best article as judged by a panel of members. The winning articles can be downloaded from the resources section of this page.
View the full contents list of recent issues of the QJF using the drop down navigation menu at the bottom of this page. To access this content you must be an RFS member. Members can search for QJF articles by topic, author and key word for all QJFs published since 1986, and download full issues here.
The QJF Commissioning Editor is Dr Freia Bladon, who can be contacted on email@example.com.
Guidelines for authors can be found here.
Guidelines for QJF Division Activity Reports can be found here.
The QJF is free to RFS members, available to non-members in the UK for £125 per annum and elsewhere at £240 per annum. Why not join us to receive the QJF free. For enquiries about advertising and non-member/library subscriptions, please contact the publisher:
Geerings Print Limited, Cobbs Wood House, Chart Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1EP
tel: 01233 633366
January 2017 Vol 111 No.1
- Making Woodlands Pay Conference Report by RFS
- Survival, height and tree stability responses of Quercus petraea, two decades after the introduction of different tree shelter types by Catherine Elizabeth Duerden, Tom Jenkins, Hugh Evans and Dylan Gwynn-Jones
- Alternative Spruces to Sitka and Norway Part 1- Serbian spruce (Picea omorika) by Peter Savill, Scott Wilson, Bill Mason, Richard Jinks, Victoria Stokes
- Tackling Threats to UK Trees Using Citizen Science by Kate Lewthwaite
- A Year with a Forestry Consultancy in the Lowlands by James Broom
- One Man and his Log by Keith Kirby
- Warren Woods, Bodfari by Rod Waterfield
April 2017 Vol 111 No.2
- RFS Qualifications in Arboriculture, Forestry & Silviculture by Adam Todd, Ted Wilson
- Timber Market Report by John Jenkins
- Alternative Species to Sitka and Norway Spruce - Part 2 by Peter Savill, Scott Wilson, Bill Mason, Richard Jinks, Victoria Stokes, Tom Christian
- Forests for the Future by John Weir
- The FOREMOD Project by Morag Macpherson, Ciara Dangerfield, Oleg Sheremet
- Agroforestry in the UK by Paul Burgess
- Ash Trees for the Future? by Jo Clark
- The First 70 Years of Oxon & Bucks Division by Peter Savill, Nick Mottram
- Jungle, Forest Structure, Deforestation and Community Forestry in Cambodia by Clive Ellis